Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Impatiently Waiting & Sock Knitting

The Big News release hinges on the US Postal System at the moment. I was supposed to have a very important piece of mail delivered by today.

Work was crazy; I got out later than usual, rushed home, threw open the mailbox and found.....

nothing.

I'm still hoping beyond hope that for some reason today's mail is just REALLY late. 
Yeah... delusion is strong with me at the moment

Anyways, sorry to keep pushing back the news, I am quite frustrated about it myself.

In knitting news however I am turning the heel on my second "On Hold" sock from Wendy Knits book Socks From the Toe Up. These are going to be a birthday present for my good friend Heather who could really use some knitted love right now.

These are my first toe-up socks and I love them. I really need to get some #2 circs though because the cast-on is so tight without being able to slip half the stitches onto the cable. I was fearful I was going to break a DPN!

I used Judy's Magic Cast-On and the socks have a gusset and slip-stitch heel flap.

Here's a bad picture of it taken on my MacBook:

I don't have the heart to tell Heather I've been referring to these socks as the "Uterus Socks" because of the shape of the lace pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment